Making Picture Book Magic with Susanna Leonard Hill

Carrot Cake

Carrot Cake

Recently I was honored to be asked by author Susanna Leonard Hill to contribute some illustrations for her new how-to write children’s picture books course titled MAKING PICTURE BOOK MAGIC.

As I was already a fan of Susanna (my favorite books by Susanna are:  Punxsatauney Phyllis, April Fool, Phyllis! and Can’t Sleep Without Sheep), I was honored to be asked to contribute some original artwork. Three new images have been added to my Digital Images gallery. One of the images, “Carrot Cake”, is shown above!

If you are interested in signing up for Susanna’s course, click on this link: MAKING PICTURE BOOK MAGIC

Clicking on the above  link will give you details about the course and also acknowledges the artists that created artwork that accompanies the lessons. :-)

About the course:

Wouldn’t it be great if there was a picture book writing course you could take on your own schedule, that was designed to fit into an active, busy life, and that was also affordable?

Well, guess what?  There is!

Making Picture Book Magic is a 4 week course that will teach you how to write a picture book… around the edges of your busy life… for a price you can afford… in a fun, friendly atmosphere. Making Picture Book Magic is designed to be delivered straight to your inbox.  You will receive one lesson a day via email, five days a week for four weeks.  You get weekends off to unplug, recharge, have family time or do the grocery shopping… or catch up if need be :)

Besides the weekly lessons, you also have the option of joining the Facebook group where you can get feedback and bond with other writers!

Spaces for the course fill up quickly, so contact Susanna write away (lol, play on words!) to see when you can join the course! Here is the link again: MAKING PICTURE BOOK MAGIC

14 Comments

1. Susanna Leonard Hill March 15, 2013 at 1:25 pm #

Thanks so much for spreading the word, Dana! I feel so lucky to have your beautiful art work included in the course materials!

2. Dana Atnip March 15, 2013 at 1:51 pm #

Thank you Susanna for asking me to contribute artwork! I m happy and honored to be a part of it! :-)

3. Penny Klostermann March 15, 2013 at 1:51 pm #

I took the class last month, and it is just wonderful. The lessons are designed to fit into a busy life, but the content is amazing. Not only did I finish with a new manuscript that I am excited about, but what I learned will help tremendously with revisions of manuscripts that needed focus. Susanna is encouraging and knowledgeable. The month was truly magic!

• Dana Atnip March 15, 2013 at 2:55 pm #

Thank you for commenting Penny! I’m so glad that you got so much from the course! I’m looking forward to taking it myself! :-)

4. Donna L. Sadd March 15, 2013 at 2:34 pm #

Adorable art Dana! I’ve been toying with the idea of taking Susanna’s course, and after Penny’s sterling recommendation, I think I’ll do it. :0)

• Dana Atnip March 15, 2013 at 2:52 pm #

Thank you Donna! I agree, Penny certainly gave two thumbs up! I’m eager to take the course myself once my current projects are complete! :-)

5. Robyn Campbell March 15, 2013 at 3:30 pm #

Hey Dana, I love your art! I took Making Picture Book Magic and I have to say that if you take this course, you don’t need any other. I mean that!

I see writers taking course after course on writing picture books. Not with this one. Everything is included and Susanna is very hands on. :-)

• Dana Atnip March 15, 2013 at 10:24 pm #

Thank you Robyn, I’m so glad that you enjoy my art! I keep hearing such good things about Susanna’s course! I can’t wait to take it! :-)

6. Wendy Greenley March 15, 2013 at 5:50 pm #

Beautiful artwork, Dana! I’m in another class right now, but will look for a future offering with Susanna. :))

• Dana Atnip March 15, 2013 at 10:26 pm #

Thank you for the comment & the compliment Wendy! I also will be doing Susanna’s class hopefully in the near future; too many projects right at this moment! :-)

7. Victoria Warneck March 16, 2013 at 8:30 am #

Making Picture Book Magic is the real deal. Daily lessons & assignments…real time, thoughtful feedback from Susanna and other participants in the group…a tight little Facebook group…this is a genuine GEM of a course! Susanna is a remarkable group facilitator, and she knocks herself out to give everyone a great experience. She participates in the ongoing discussions and supplements her (extensive!) course lessons with additional advice on the fly. I could not recommend it any more highly.

• Dana Atnip March 17, 2013 at 9:25 pm #

Thanks Victoria! The more comments that I read about Susanna’s course, the more excited that I am to take it! :-)

8. Joanna March 16, 2013 at 9:35 am #

Loved reading so many good testimonies about this course. I adore this carrot cake illustration, Dana.

• Dana Atnip March 17, 2013 at 9:27 pm #

Thank you Joanna! I’m so happy that you enjoyed my Carrot Cake illustration, & that there are so many good testimonials about Susanna’s course! :-)